COVID-19 Viewings Policy
We at emdot Property are committed to working inline with this guidance with safety of our clients and staff at the forefront. As of 13 May, the Government has updated their guidance for England only to allow physically distanced viewings that carefully adhere to public health guidance. It is vital that safety comes first, and therefore until further notice from the government, we will follow the guidance below to enable us to conduct viewings safely:
- Viewings will only take place with serious buyers who are genuinely interested in the property.
- Initial viewings will where possible be done online as virtual viewings.
- When conducting physical viewings, they will be done by appointment only and open houses are not permitted.
- If your home is being viewed, open all windows and doors prior to the viewing taking place and if possible, leave the property for the duration of the viewing.
- Everyone involved must wash their hands prior to the viewing and hand-washing facilities will be made available with separate paper towels if possible.
- We will look to restrict the number of people present at the viewing in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Once the viewing has finished, the homeowner should ensure surfaces such as door handles and railings are cleaned.
You can find the full Government guidance on property viewings here.